I would consider myself a very independent person. 9 times out of 10, I’d rather just do something myself, without any help. Working with a partner has really given me the opportunity to learn how to let go of every little thing and to trust in the ability of other people.
Working with Tayler has really pushed me outside my comfort zone. Someone as strong-willed and individualistic as I can be, it’s difficult sometimes to not want to do everything my way. Everyone always says, “Something that’s really worth doing is never easy.” That couldn’t be more true. It’s not always easy working with someone else, but man, having someone by your side, sharing your same goals and passions, is priceless.
So here are just a few reasons I am THANKFUL for my business partner and life-long friend, Tayler Marquess:
- She’s my accountability partner. She keeps me focused and on track with priority projects. Not only work related projects, but personal goals I’ve set for myself. We push each other every day, and what more could you ask for!
- She keeps me motivated. There are some days where I just wake up tired and don’t want to do anything. Literally on days that like, if she’d let me, I’d lay in bed all day. It’s nice to have a person on your team who helps get you back in the right mindset and won’t let you settle for anything less than your best!
- She shares the workload. I can’t tell you how many times my to-do list gets out of control. I’m so blessed to have someone who I can count on to pick up my slack. It’s true what they say, “Two are ALWAYS better than one!”
- She is always honest and keeps me in check. As an entrepreneur, you have a million ideas go through your mind all the time. Sometimes those ideas aren’t as well thought out as you would like to think or are just flat out stupid. It’s really nice to have someone who will be honest with you, not sugarcoat anything, and keep your priorities in check. And I’m thankful that I have Tayler who does this so well (even if it stings sometimes, which I know I need). 🙂
- And most importantly, we are far more than business partners, we are family! I can’t tell you how amazing it is that I get to work with my best friend every day. Even though there are times we are tired, moody and hate each other, at the end of the day, we love and support each other. I could never do this without her.
Owning a business has been incredibly enlightening but equally challenging. I wouldn’t trade the life I’ve built for the life I had before this business. Throughout this year we’ve grown as individuals but we’ve also learned how to work as a team. Of course, there are pros and cons to having a business partner but I truly don’t know how some people do it on their own. Where I fault, Megan succeeds and where she faults, I succeed. We are totally different but somehow the same, and I’m completely blessed to have her in my life.
No one really warns you about how hard, and what a true roller coaster this life is, and it would just be too hard to do alone. There are good days and bad, and times where we are frustrated with each other, but at the end of the day, we wouldn’t be what are without one another. For anyone who is looking to partner with someone in a business, I highly recommend it.
Here are just a few reasons why I’m thankful for my sister from another mister MEGAN:
- She is always protective. She’s protective of our business and of our friendship and will do anything it takes in order to keep those safe. I always call her “mama” cause she truly is like a mom to me. She’s there for me to ask any and every question I have and always (or likes to think 😉 ) has the answers. She’s my best gal and my confidant in business, and I wouldn’t know what to do without her.
- She’s full of creative ideas. I can’t tell you the amount of times we’ve had outlandish creative ideas and we are always there to tell one another whether it’s a possibility or not. No creative idea is off limits but we are always there to pull each other back down to Earth.
- She’s always honest. Honest with who she is and her opinions of things. I can always count on her to tell me whether or not something looks good visually and that includes my fashion choices too. Something that is important in any relationship is being honest. Without honesty, you truly don’t have a relationship worth continuing, and I’m so grateful I have this in a friend and business partner.
- She is adventurous. We click so much on our sense of adventure and discovering new things. She’s always willing to travel places, see things and step outside of her comfort zone in any situation. We have spontaneous trips and nights out, and I wouldn’t trade those for the world.
Being in a business partnership take compromise and the willingness to communicate when necessary. It’s knowing when to bite your tongue and go with it or being confident in the opinion you have. Doing this isn’t always easy, but it’s definitely possible and we can attest to that.